Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Paper Doll - It's Your Birthday

I have another sneak peek for you of one of my favorite new stamp sets from the new CTMH catalog. This cute girl is from the set (D1547) Paper Doll which will be available on February 1st. She was a lot of fun to color. I am slowly adding to my marker collection. Both copics and CTMH. I have yet to get a black alcohol marker (and shades of it) though and my daughter was extremely annoyed that I did not color the paper doll's hair black, which is the color of my daughter's hair! It gives me a good excuse to buy more markers, no?

This is the first time I have ever made a Center Step card. I used a wonderful tutorial from Beccy's Place. She has great tutorials for all sorts of differently folded cards here and is working on putting up more.

 
 
Here is a view of the inside...

...and here's a side view just to give you a better idea of what the card looks like.
 
Supplies Used (All Close To My Heart)--
Patterned Paper: Chantilly (available 2/1/13)
Cardstock: Crytal Blue, Buttercup, White Daisy
Stamp Sets: (D1547) Paper Doll, (D1475) Card Chatter-Birthday
Markers: Pear set, Sorbet set, Sky set, Cotton Candy set, Honey set
Stamp Pad: Archival Black
Embellishments: Hollyhock Brads, Foam Tape, Just Blooms Paradise Paper Flowers, Twill Ribbon (retired)
 
 
Pin It

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is too stinkin' cute! I will most definitely be getting the paper dolls stamp set as I have 4 granddaughters and one step-granddaughter. Thanks for the inspiration and for playing along with H2H this week!

Lili said...

Such a cute folded ! Love your coloring and the papers you used. Thanks for playing along with us at The Friday Mashup this week!

Katy said...

Love the paper dolls set and love that you showed the side view of the card! Thanks for joining us this week!

Haley D. said...

What a pretty card! Your coloring is fabulous! Thanks for getting fancy with us @ H2H!

Heidi Baks said...

Cute image, and what a lovely fold for a birthday girl -- front and center! Thanks for joining the Friday Mashup this week.

Kristine Porter said...

Absolutely adorable!!

hollybeary creations said...

Love this.. A great fun card for any birthday girl! So pretty with all the fun colors. Thanks for joining us at the Friday Mashup.

Danielle Vincent said...

This is really cute! I love that fold and the inside is beautiful too. Thanks for playing along this week at ABC Challenges.

Tamytha said...

Such a fabulous card...from the paper, to the fold, to the wonderful job of coloring that you did. Thanks for playing along with us this week at Heart 2 Heart! :)

Amie Kiger (Kigz) said...

Love your coloring! This highlights all the best of Chantilly--I love it! I haven't tried one of these yet, so going to have to give it a try sometime.

Unknown said...

A fab and gorgeous card! I simply love it! I am also looking for inspiration of creating birthday cards and these really help! Thank you so much and I will look forward for more wonderful creations from you.

Hugs and Kisses xxxx
Steph

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...